COUPON CODES AVAILABLE
** See bottom of page **
There is currently a 2-4 week delay in delivery due to current demand and production limitations. Please understand we are shipping fast as possible. Self-pickup is not available. All orders are shipping direct.
Made in the USA this large Storm Tanker™ 250 gallon emergency water tank is perfect to fit in the garage or down in the basement. You'll have peace of mind that you'll be able to easily get water when needed. The upper valve makes it easy to fill buckets, bottles and pots. The lower valve makes it easy to get all the water out when needed or for water storage rotating.
Use 2 straps in the molded points to easily secure to a wall. The 12 sided design with thicker walls provides extra strength and longevity.
What color is right for you? Blue tends to be the most traditional and popular color since it clearly indicates what's on the inside. White may blend into your white walls and it's also transparent enough to let you see the level of the water. Grey has a granite texture look and really looks nice...it doesn't scream "Hey look! I'm Water!"
250 Gallon Emergency Water Tank Details
- Width/Diameter: 30" (inches) *Will fit thru standard doors <30"
- Height: 86" (inches)
- Weight: 90 lbs (empty) / 2090 lbs (full)
- 2 valves
- Food-grade & BPA free High-density polyethylene
- 100% Made in the USA
Instructions for install
- Rinse: It is recommended to rinse/wash out the inside of the tank before first use. There may be debris, etc from manufacturing.
- Location: The tank will weigh around 2,000 lbs so in most cases only the basement or garage are safe (see illustration below). Do not expose to freezing temperatures. May cause damage to tank or prevent access to water when needed.
- Placement: Before filling the tank it is recommended to place down wood to create a barrier between concrete and the tank if needed. This will help extend the life and quality of the tank and water.
- Filling: Before filling be sure the tank is where you want it to stay. Once filled it should not be moved. Fill it right to the top using a potable water hose hooked up to potable water source.
- Tie Down/Secure: All tanks should be secured to the wall with lag screws going thru the wall structure..not just sheet rock. If there is an earthquake the straps will help keep the tank upright so it can be ready when you need it most!
- Valves: It is recommended to cap and/or lock both valves to prevent accidental opening.
- Depending on the quality of your water and/if any additives are used water rotations will need to be every 1-4+ years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can it be outside? No. The STORMTANKER is intended for the Garage or the Basement. It should not be exposed to freezing temperatures or direct sunlight.
- How often should I change the water? It's a good practice to rotate your water yearly. Depending on the quality of the water you may be okay waiting many years between rotation.
- Do I need to clean out before first use? Yes it is recommended to flush/wash out the tank before use to make sure the inside is free of any debris from manufacturing.
- Where can the tank be stored? When filled with water do not store on a suspended floor. In most cases it will be only safe to store in a basement, garage or main floor without a basement.
- Does it come pre-filled with water? No, It would weigh nearly 2,000 lbs and be impossible or unsafe to move.
- Does it need to be secured to a wall? Yes. Every tank should be individually secured to a solid wall. An add-on kit may be available.
**If you have additional questions please contact us so we can answer them and update this FAQs list.
15-30% COUPON CODES available based on volume/group purchasing. To request a coupon code for your area send a text message to Tyler at 801-872-8853.